Sunday, June 8, 2008

28


Last Thursday I turned 28. It was a lovely day from start to finish. Shane and Sage made spelt pancakes for breakfast and I blew out my candles with Sage's help. My gift arrived later that morning...my dear friend Amy Robinson came to spend a few days! We are so alike it's scary. We ranted and raved about life, laughed ourselves silly, cried (as we watched a movie on natural birth) and stayed up into the wee hours of the morning catching up. We also managed to squeeze a couple beach trips and a shopping trip in. Amy is a great shopping partner...she's got style and she's honest. Elle (4), Ava (2) and Sage got along beautifully and played non-stop.


Two of my favorite things are eating and talking with Shane; I picked a birthday dinner that included lots of both. We took full advantage of our free babysitter and went to La Fondue in San Juan Capistrano and enjoyed a fabulous meal that stretched to almost 3 hours. We had the Stinking Rose Cheese Fondue (garlic, garlic and more garlic), yummy meats and a bittersweet chocolate fondue. We rolled ourselves out of there and walked through the lovely, sleepy town and then headed home....stuffed full of food and good conversation.

4 comments:

Emily Judd said...

I'm so glad you had a good birthday! I am so jealous that you went to La Fondue. YUMMMMMMMMMMMM

Marcy said...

Oh, I reeally want to try LaFondue-I've heard it's great! I may have to steal that idea for my b-day in Aug. I'm glad you had such a nice birthday. It sounds amazing! Happy Birthday Alicia, here's to a great year...you deserve it :)

That pic of you and Sage is adorable, man you have killer hair!

Unknown said...

Happy Belated Birthday - you're still a Spring Chicken! Sounds like a great celebration - hopefully you stretched it out the whole week - like I try to do. :)

Sarah H said...

Happy birthday! It sounds like a great day!