Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A Mama's Best Friend


Growing up there was a mean mom at church who used to threaten her kids with hot sauce. At a tender young age I promised myself that my children would never have to endure such torture.

That was then, this is now...

These days hot sauce is my greatest ally. My sister-in-laws (2 wonderful, loving, patient mamas) introduced me to this form of discipline; it works like magic. Anytime Sage uses unkind words, is physical or doesn't obey the first time she gets a dab of hot sauce on the end of her tongue. A very handy alternative to spanking.

And call me crazy but this kid wants to be corrected....I point to the kitchen, say "hot sauce" and she runs to get the bottle from the fridge, unscrews the cap, hands it to me and sticks her tongue out.

3 comments:

Emily Judd said...

sounds like i really need to be getting myself some hotsauce! when timeouts don't get to him I need something like that to wake him up!

The Hickman Family said...

We used to use hot sauce to discipline our puppies growing up. I never thought how well it would work with kids!

Melissa Walton said...

I'm glad it's working well for you guys. Sage is ahead of us. The girls do not unscrew the cap for me. Good job Sage. Miss you guys! We need to plan the trip soon!