Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Boulder Love: Part 2


Off to Bands on the Bricks. I caught Shane mid-chomp.

Recently I met a dad who summed up why he loves living here,

"Bottom line is you can't beat the quality of life here in Boulder."

I wholeheartedly agree.

Late this afternoon the kids and I strolled around the Farmer's Market (just a few blocks from our little townhome). We sampled delicious food, listened to a marimba band, watched some break dancing and enjoyed the sunshine. We bought luscious tomatoes, greens, mushrooms, snap peas and a fresh loaf of sourdough.

Sage and Shane just left for Bands on the Bricks. Every Wednesday night on Pearl St (the main drag---just a few blocks from us) they have family friendly bands playing in front of the courthouse. This is Boulder so they hopped on their bikes and cruised on over. This is definitely a biking/walking kind of place.

Boulder is so mellow, so laid back, uber-hip without even trying. There's always something fun going on.

I love my town.

2 comments:

Britni and Owen said...

It sounds like a great place to live. I'm glad you are enjoying it there!

Ben and Janelle said...

I'm so glad you love it there so much. Sounds like a really great place to live. I've visited there before on family vacations. I love Colorado in general, but I think I remember really liking Boulder. :) Good for you!