Friday, September 26, 2008

Do Yourself a Favor....


...and read this book:

(for ages 18 mo-4 yrs)


And while you're at it this one too:



In my quest to be a good mama I've read every parenting book I could get my hands on. John Rosemond's books are the best of the bunch. He writes all about a return to traditional parenting...parenting with common sense. Love it, love it, love it!No new age psycho babble from this guy.

Whenever I need a parenting confidence boost (or a smack upside the head) I look to Mr. Rosemond. I love that he admits his mistakes/missteps as a parent, I love that I laugh (a lot) when I read his books, I love that most everything he says makes perfect sense and I love the results.


P.S.
Also fabulous (and available cheap on Amazon) are:

John Rosemond's Six-Point Plan For Raising Happy, Healthy Children

A Family of Value


Parent Power

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I'll definitely check those out. I'll follow anything you say now especially after you told me to read Good Night, Sleep Tight. SO WORTH IT! Brighton is a sleeping champ now! Have you heard of Love and Logic? I was thinking of checking it out. Anyway, I will definitely look at these books!

Unknown said...

I'll be checking at least one of those out at the library. Thanks for the recommendation.

Alicia said...

I think Love and Logic makes some good points but it left me feeling a bit confused.

Sabrina O'Malley said...

I hope you don't mind my peeking at your blog but I found it on Melissa's and just had to see what your family was up to. Sage is growing up so fast. It seems like forever since I saw her and you last.

We are enjoying Utah and CG is enjoying school. He will be done in April and it will be fun to see where we end up.

I don't know if I sent you an invitation to our blog but if not please send your email address to us a charlesgomalley@juno.com and I will get one out to you.

Take care

SeeCampbell said...

Got my terrible two book today. So I'll be doing some light reading in Costa Rica!

mb said...

i love reading your blog and miss you tons!!! are you on goodreads.com?

mb said...

oh, i just saw you ARE on goodreads! i'll go find you on there, yeah!