Thursday, September 18, 2008

Faith Like a Little Child


Our bunny Buttercup escaped the other day. Sage and I went to give her a snack and she was nowhere to be seen. We searched high and low and Sage said a prayer, it went like this:

"Heavenwee Faver, yank you that we can find my bunny...(pause) soon and that she'll be somewhere."

We searched some more after that prayer but no bunny. Shane came home and we searched some more, still no bunny. Shane reminded Sage that even though we didn't know where Buttercup was Heavenly Father did (kind of like that scripture about not even a sparrow can fall without Him knowing). Sage was always optimistic, fully trusting that we would find the bunny because we had prayed.

The next day a sign appeared by the mailbox. Someone had found our bunny. We called the number and a teen named Laura answered. Here's the story: Laura was on her way to work when she saw a little bunny grazing. She suspected that it was a pet so she picked her up, carried her 1/2 mile to work (Coldstone), put her in a plastic bin for the night while she scooped her heart out, bought some bunny food at a neighboring pet store and walked home after work, bunny in tow.

What a sweet girl. Sage and I decided that a hero like Laura deserves some peanut butter blossoms...so we're making some after nap time.

11 comments:

mikelle said...

Wow, what a story! I'm so glad everything worked out. That was very nice of Laura to look for the owners instead of taking her to the animal shelter. And that was very sweet of Sage to pray for Buttercup. Good thing Heavenly Father answers prayers!

P.S. Buttercup looks so different from the last time I saw her. I should come see her!

mikelle said...

P.P.S. What are peanut butter blossoms? They sound delicious!

Ashley said...

My testimony of prayer grew as a little girl when I would pray to Heavenly Father that He would protect and guide my lost kitty, Frisky, home. My prayers were always answered and He never failed...Frisky was guided home EVERY time. I think pets go on little excursions sometimes...just to teach children that prayers are heard and answered.

What surprised me most was when I grew older and my younger sister and brother would pray for lost pets and I was the one scared to death! On those occasions, I wasn’t scared for the lost pet. My prayers went like this, “Please, please bring our cat back so that their testimony of prayer will grow and be strengthened too.”

Alicia said...

Ash...that's exactly what Shane and I were praying for!

Erin R. said...

There is nothing like a child's prayer. It is no wonder that we are taught to be more like little children. I love the sweet innocence that they have. I'm so glad that Sage's bunny was found!

Melissa Walton said...

What a sweet story. So glad little Buttercup is safe.

Marcy said...

Oh my gosh, that is such a terrific story! What a happy ending, I love it!

Kassie said...

sweet story!

Ben and Janelle said...

What a cute story. Come by and see my blog sometime!
Janelle Dunbar/Belk (your old university villa roommate)

Unknown said...

She is darling. And what a great lesson for her! And for us!

camille said...

Chills all over!