Tuesday, November 10, 2009

First Talk
























Last Sunday Sage gave her first talk. The topic was my family and I can serve others. A week before I asked her some questions and put her answers together into a short little talk. We practiced all week and by Sunday morning she was ready...talk memorized and story of the Great Samaritan (her change of adjectives) down pat.

The moment of truth came and she stood at the podium quietly whispering the first line then her voice got louder and more confident as she finished up. Then came time to tell the story, "I don't wanna tell it." Sage exited stage right and sat down in her chair.

Guess we'll try again.

Here's the talk:

Jesus served people. He was nice and He took care of people. Serving people means: bringing them to church, inviting them to play, inviting them to dinner, praying for them. I feel good when I serve people.

No comments: