Thursday, November 19, 2009

Obsession


I love musicals. Stage and screen. In hopes that Sage would love them too I started her listening at a tender age. It worked...a little too well. Now this kiddo walks around singing, "Doo... doodoodoodoodoo...doodoodoodoodoo" (the Phantom's theme from Phantom of the Opera). And whenever we're in the car guess what she requests? Phantom. At home all day she asks if we can listen to Phantom or South Pacific or Singing in the Rain. And she wants to know what every song means and who's singing it and why they're singing it. How many times can I possibly explain why the Phantom loves Christine and hates her too?

Darn my brilliant ideas.

2 comments:

Marcy said...

haha love it! Have you ever shown her youtube clips of Phantom? Some of them are suitable for young eyes and my kids LOVE it!

Alicia said...

Blessed youtube...Sage loves being able to watch little snippets of Phantom on there.