Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Casa Nueva

We decided we're up for an adventure. As long as we're going to rent this year why not rent a fun place like say a circa 1887 Victorian in the historic district?

I don't know whether to laugh or cry when I think about living there. No dishwasher (but I know a pretty good one named Shane), 60-year-old stove, no garage, creepy basement, no air conditioning--that's what fans and windows are for, right? Right? Riiiiight.

image 1834160313-0

OK enough whining. It's 2 seconds from Pearl Street, Boulder's amazing downtown area. It's in the nicest part of town and just as quiet and lovely as can be.

image 1834160313-1

Colorado jungle. Oh I mean our new backyard. But the consolation for all the yard work? Huge blackberry bush, plum trees, apple trees and grapes.


image 1834160313-2

And here's what sold us: the infinity* deck off the master bedroom--if you can call it a master--our King bed will just barely squeeze in here. The view is perfection. We plan to spend our evenings out here and hopefully sleep out under the stars together. Micah did you hear that? I want to share my bed with my husband again...hope you'll cooperate.

*Infinity meaning a single guy lived here before and therefore there is nothing between the edge of the 2nd story deck and the ground. We plan to remedy that asap.

6 comments:

Emily Judd said...

um ya! I was going to say that deck looks scary! but it sounds amazing minus the no dishwasher/AC part. I love the yard and all the fruit you'll have going on there. is this the one with the secret passage?

Kassie said...

i hope there is fruit there next week! yay! um yeah the porch freaks me out a ton....lets get that top of the door lock stat! and we will be doing "1 2 3 not it" a lot with the dishes :)

Sabrina O'Malley said...

What a view and I love the yummy fruits. We lived in a hundred year old house for a summer and it was quite the adventure but a lot of fun too. The house is beautiful and it will be nice to be so close to everything.

camille said...

sounds like a super fun adventure! The house is adorable and the view IS AMAZING! I was just watching house hunters and they were in that neighborhood. It is a hot spot for sure!

Sarah H said...

Wow that sounds so fun! I love adventures like that. Who needs cookie cutter houses anyway?

emily said...

I love it! So much that I am feeling some envy right now. What charm and character that place has!