Saturday, July 17, 2010

Stressed spelled backwards is....desserts.



When Micah's eczema got bad in February my mother-in-law, Shelly, came to help. After a week I dropped her off at the airport and then drove straight to our health food store. I bought bags of kettle chips, 3 different kinds of cookies and a couple chocolate bars.

I polished it all off by the next day. And it helped me endure what I didn't think I could endure.

Ever since I've stocked a treat cupboard with goodies just for me. At the end of the day when my children are bedded down I go to my cupboard, pick my poison, flop on the couch and stuff my face.

And I feel better.

P.S. All good things must come to an end; when Micah is better there won't be any more sugar and carb binges. BUT for now I'm enjoying my vices.

5 comments:

Emily Judd said...

i think that if there is anyone who deserves binging on goodies its YOU. Way to go!

Marcy said...

If we lived closer, I'd be helping you with Micah and helping you stuff your face by being your partner in crime. I concur with Em, you go girl. Still praying for you guys, hoping that he's getting better and real quick!

Marcy said...

PS: That pic breaks my heart. I'm so sorry :(

Tati said...

Yes, you deserve it! I'm glad you can enjoy it! I hope things get better fast too!

Camille said...

Love it! I need a treat cupboard, but that will have to wait until I am no longer pregnant. Or, maybe I won't need one after that!

I hope I get to see you in August!