Tuesday, August 24, 2010

One



Our baby boy is one. All day I sang him every birthday song I know, "You've Had a Birthday" "Happy Happy Birthday" and "This Month is Such a Special One." He love love loved it....everytime I sang he smiled and giggled.

We celebrated with a slice of pear (one of the few foods he can eat) topped with two candles (Sage's idea---one to grow on).

Just in time for his birthday his first top tooth broke through. A few days later the second one came along. That makes four teeth total.

Shane and I tried for almost 3 years to get pregnant with Micah. When at long last I found out Micah was on his way you can imagine our joy. Then at his birth more joy. And Micah continues to bring us joy inspite of the challenges of eczema.

What a first year it's been for this kiddo. We think he is a brave, patient, darling boy and we think we'll keep him...eczema and all.

P.S. My sister Kassie was here on Micah's b-day and she took photos on her camera, put them on her laptop and then it crashed. Not sure if we'll ever see those again.

3 comments:

Emily Judd said...

i love how happy Micah looks and Sage's face is hilarious. :) Happy Birthday Micah!

Kassie said...

ahem ahem...the 2 candles was MY idea! Sage kept taking the second one out but I convinced her to keep it in to grow on. But if she must take credit then so be it.

Also, my computer crashed before I put the photos on so they are still on my camera, never fear! We love Micah!!

Camille said...

Happy Birthday Micah! I agree with Emily's comments, so cute.