Saturday, February 26, 2011

six.


Ready to make a wish.


Dinner.

Sage turned 6 last Sunday. We tried to make it a fun day (inspite of being Sunday). In the morning she enjoyed fresh mangoes and waffles. For lunch her favorite pizza from Nick 'n' Willy's for lunch--the Big Kahuna--canadian bacon, pineapple and mandarins. Don't worry Mom we bought it on Saturday. For dinner: hamburgers, fried potatoes and no salad...we let her off the hook on her berfday. And chocolate cake with pink sour cream frosting 'cause mama forgot to get cream cheese and we had to improvise. It was a hideous cake but it tasted good going down and that's what counts.

And she opened some EXCITING presents....a chiropractic pillow to make sure her sleep posture is good, books and gummi vites. We're fun like that.


Donuts.

Then on Tuesday I went to her class to celebrate. She and I made baked mini-donuts for the kiddos. They had to be gluten-free and dairy free. When the time came to pass the treat out the student teacher double checked the treat. Gluten-free? Yep. Dairy free? Yep. Egg-free? Sheesh...nope. The one lone non-egg eating kid got to have rice crackers instead.

A few things about our six-year-old:
  • When she earns money by working at Shane's office or receives a gift or her weekly allowance her first question is, "How much tithing do I pay?"
  • She loves to make Micah laugh and the sound of them laughing together is magic.
  • She's great at rolling with the punches.
  • When I call her down from upstairs her immediate reply is, "Coming," or "I'll be right there." And then quick as a wink she's at my side. I sure love that.
  • She loves to help: cooking, washing dishes, peeling pears (for Micah), watching Micah...she does anything and everything. I always say that I couldn't get through this time without her.

4 comments:

Emily Judd said...

Happy Birthday Sage!! I can't believe she is 6 already. Sounds like the perfect day. She certainly deserves it!

those donuts actually look pretty good considering their gluten and dairy free!

Marcy said...

SO cute! I can't believe our girls are 6 this year. What?

Happy Birthday Sage! She's a doll.

Those donuts look SO good! Good enough to make again? If so, recipe please?

Nick and Ashleigh said...

Happy Birthday Sage!! Leah and I sure think you're great!

Britni and Owen said...

Happy Birthday Sage!