Wednesday, June 1, 2011

a rose by any other name.

Cute Sage and Haven and an oh so round mama.






























I wanted each of our kiddos to have a special name: a first name with real meaning and a middle name that belonged to a special someone in our family.  Shane, on the other hand, has only two rules for names: easy to say and easy to spell.

Sage Elea
Sage- one who is wise
Elea- Shane had the great idea to take the first initial of the name of each of my sisters who have died and create a name: Elena, Laura and Elizabeth Anne.  My sisters were each so precious and such an important part of our family and I'm happy we could honor them in a small way.

Micah Elias
Micah- one who is like God (boy has this proven to be fitting...he has the patience of Job)
Elias- Shane's maternal grandpa was a wonderful father and grandpa.  We knew he was coming to the end of his life and wanted to honor a man who did so much good.

Haven Theresa
Haven- A safe place
Theresa- When my parents married neither family was very happy nor supportive of the young marrieds.  Luckily my Dad's aunt Ricky (Theresa) loved them and opened her home to them.

P.S. Shane likes to tell people that I wanted a girl just so I could use the name "Haven."  And you know what?  It's true. 

8 comments:

Emily Judd said...

I love this. And I love the names of your kids. You look great alicia! And Haven is just precious and Sage looks so grown up!

The Hickman Family said...

Man, she is one beautiful baby. She takes after her mama =) I love the names you've picked for your kiddos.

Britni and Owen said...

She sure is precious Alicia. Congrats!

Nick and Ashleigh said...

This is a gorgeous picture and you look amazing. I love all the names :)

Camille said...

I loved reading this. Very neat to learn. Thanks for sharing such great information.
I love your hair style!

Sarah H said...

Beautiful names with such beautiful meanings!!
Miss you Alicia!

stephen c said...

Just started blogging myself and being a lover and believer in the simple life, I tuned into your blog. One word, WONDERFUL!.Fab names for your children. Keep going, great stuff.

Andy said...

Haven is a stellar name.