Monday, April 28, 2008

I *heart* Shorpy

October 1939. "Mrs. Sam Cates, wife of Cow Hollow farmer. Malheur County, Oregon."


Cincinnati circa 1847-1860. "Unidentified woman, half length portrait, seated with arm on table."

I've always loved photographs. I could spend hours (and I have) poring over photography books.

These photos are so haunting. I love to peruse Shorpy and see how people lived way back when...what they wore, where they lived and their wonderful faces that tell their story.

1 comment:

Christie said...

I saw this link on your list a couple of days ago and had so much fun clicking through photos. What a neat site! It is weird to look at the women our age and think that they probably had similar worries, thoughts and laughs to the ones we have today. Or maybe that's just me! :)