Thursday, April 16, 2009

Why I Love Shane- Part 4

Shane adjusting Sage at 2 weeks

It's late and I'm waiting up for Shane who's at DCS (That's Dead Chiropractic Society--a crazy bunch of chiros who get together and listen to awesome speakers talk hard core chiropractic philosophy---love it!). I hope he'll get home soon because I haven't had my fill of Shane time today. While I'm thinking of him I had to throw up this post.

Shane has a big fat photo album full of his mission pictures (Bacolod Phillipines Mission). He has some tales to tell...eating dog, monsoon season, living without running water....many a story of life in a third world country. Every night before bed Sage and Shane break out the album (it stays by her bed) and he tells her a "daddy mission story".

She loves his stories and I love it when she opens up the photo album the next day, shows me a photo and re-tells me the story.

2 comments:

Emily Judd said...

love it! what a great idea!

Melissa Walton said...

I love that idea. I think I'll sneak Dave's mission album by the girls' beds tonight and copy that tradition. You guys are the best!