Sunday, November 7, 2010

At last.



Micah is signing. We knew how darling it is to see a baby communicate this way since Sage was a big signer but it's even more thrilling to see Micah catch on...every milestone is long in coming with him and we've eagerly anticipated this day.

He signs: milk, more, apple, dog, light and up. We're working on other signs like: change diaper, daddy, mommy and lots more.

P.S. Micah doesn't really drink milk...we just call it that. It's millet, pears, salmon and ground beef blended with water and herbs and supplements. Bottle feeding is just the easiest way to get lots of calories in him.

3 comments:

Emily Judd said...

hooray for Micah! If it makes you feel any better, I don't think Lincoln started signing until he was 18 months...same with Easton. My boys are slow :)

Wow that "milk" sounds interesting! have you tasted it? Micah sure is a champ!

Marcy said...

Go Micah! He has SUCH beautiful eyes!

Sidenote: I'm wishing you were closer...my endo wants me to go on this 2-week detox and I'm afraid looking at the list of things I can eat (and not eat). I think I'll need you to move in, in order for me to be succesful. lol

Wish me luck.

SeeCampbell said...

Alicia, I don't know if I ever gave you my update on Cambria's ezcema. She is allergic to Milk, Peanuts and Soy. But here is the interesting thing. She broke out when we gave her beef as well (and even ground turkey). Read something on the internet about cross-over proteins from the meat of cows. Just noticed the formula blend you made had beef in it. Have you had his blood tested for allergens yet? Cambria's skin is so much better since we eliminated, still has occasional flares.