Sunday, November 28, 2010

Santa came early this year.


Ready to roll.

Generous old man that he his he brought us ski equipment, a rack for the car and season passes to Eldora, the resort in town. The season began 2 weeks ago and Shane and Sage have been up 3 times now.


Riding the chair lift for the first time.

Sage's first day out the bunny slopes were closed so they went straight to the green runs and hopped on the chair lift. Boo and I sat by the lift and watched Sage and Shane on their first run together. Needless to say it took a long time and many spills to make it down the mountain. After that Micah and I went on a walk then headed to the car for some lunch and snuggles in the open trunk. The skiers joined us later for some grub then back to the mountain.



It was a nice day for everyone. Micah napped in the car after lunch and I dozed a bit and by the end of the day Shane and Sage managed to squeeze in more than dozen runs! On the way home as Sage snoozed Shane told me that she did really well. She loved going fast and had no fear and never fell again after that first run. She'll be coming down on her own in no time.

6 comments:

Emily Judd said...

that is SO awesome! Go Sage! (i wish I had learned to ski when I was small and had a shorter distance to fall!)

Kassie said...

i'm so jealous! all my kids will be able to do when we leave the city is hail a taxi and give tourists directions. sigh....

The Hickman Family said...

What a great activity to do as a family! That's awesome that she can do it so young.

Unknown said...

Sagey is a pro.

Camille said...

that is an awesome Christmas present. I love skiing (although I haven't been in forever). That will bring fun for a long, long time.

SeeCampbell said...

OH, I'm sooo jealous too! Wish we lived so close. How beautiful it looks!