Saturday, January 21, 2012

What's Happening: Haven Edition






This picture is courtesy of one of the kiddos...not sure which one as they both love snapping away.  I like it because you can see the Joker-like (as in Batman) curl of Havie's lip. 













All of our children are late bloomers.  Sage walked at 13 months, Micah at 19.5 months.  Sage just lost her first tooth at 6 and 3/4.  And according to this pattern Miss Haven just began sitting at 8 months and she doesn't yet have a single tooth.  By the way Haven is a teeny little thing.  She's as light as a feather and I haven't had to buy many new clothes as she hasn't grown much.  Sometimes I do worry but then I remember that she has an appetite like a velocraptor, she has more than her fair share of dirty diapers, she is happy, sleeps well, her eyes are bright and shiny, never been sick etc.  It's helpful that she's never been to the doctor so I don't have to worry about the weigh-in and measuring and stress about percentiles (which truth be told, I think are silly).  I guess I'm learning to just trust that every baby is different and will develop at different rates and there's no need to stress because there's nothing I can do about it.







Sage so nicely offered to hold Haven for her first haircut.  Actually second.  A month prior to this picture I got tired of seeing her hair in her eyes and I took a pair of fabric scissors and hacked away.  Haven looked like Lloyd from "Dumb and Dumber" when I was through.




















A chilly walk on Christmas Day.  Haven LOVES to be facing outward in the Moby.  She used to cry and fuss when I had her facing.  It took me a long while to determine that this kid loves action.  She really enjoyed NYC because there was so much to look at.  She's happiest when the kids are running around the house, making lots of noise.  She's a hustle and bustle kind of girl.










1 comment:

Emily Judd said...

i think its a blessing that she is "sitting there" at 8 months!! ;) she is soooo cute! I love it!