Saturday, March 29, 2008

Half Iron or Half Man?


I'll say he's all man and half iron because that is one tough race. I can't imagine going so strong for so long.

Half Ironman:
1.2 mile swim
56 mile bike
13 mile run

Shane was looking good and then around mile 25 of his ride his tire blew! Riders carry extra tubes but not extra tires. And so his race came to an end early....so disappointing. In true Shane fashion he came home and found another Ironman to compete in.

*Nice outfit, eh? But I can't argue with free.

5 comments:

Christie said...

What?! I didn't know your hubby was a trialthalete. How cool! My triathalon consists of stand up, walk to fridge, walk back to couch.

Ashley said...

I'm impressed too! I'm trying to get back in shape so I can just run a 5k (3.1 miles). My knees hurt...waa! Go Shane!!

Melissa Walton said...

Shane - sorry about the race! Why don't they have rentals along the way? Such a bummer! I'm amazed that you trained and were ready to do that - it sounds impossible to me!

Sarah H said...

Alicia,
I'm so excited you have a blog! I'm excited to keep up with you guys.
Shane sounds amazing!
Your blog looks great!

Marcy said...

Ahh, that is SUCH a bummer about the tire. But my hats off to Shane for sure... One tough guy! Oh, and we think the outfit is "snazzy" ;)