Monday, November 24, 2008

Turkey Day


I love a good feast and Thanksgiving is the perfect excuse for going a little crazy. Here's what we'll be making and then chowing on:

Appetizers
  • Hummus
  • Christmas Guacamole
  • Beduinos (bacon wrapped dates)

The Real Feast
  • Brined Turkey (soaked overnight in salt water)
  • Cornbread Stuffing w/Sausage & Apples
  • Sweet Potato & Carmelized Onion Casserole
  • Feather Light Overnight Whole Wheat Rolls
  • Green Beans w/Almonds & Thyme
  • Lemon-Cranberry Sauce
  • Spinach & Persimmon Salad

Grand Finale
  • Roasted Sweet Potato Cheesecake
  • Paper Bag Apple Pie ala mode
  • Pumpkin Pie

Sage and I are going to be cooking up a storm these next two days.


2 comments:

Sarah H said...

Wow! Sounds fabulous. Are you making it all?
I'm going to my in-laws so I won't be making much.

Amy said...

Can I come? :)