Monday, December 5, 2011

Day 4: Walking

A grey day


 Cool. cool park called Highline....that's literally high above the park where an old El track used to be.


Oh what a cutie this Evan is


6 oz of gooey cookie goodness at Levain


The temple


Cops at Central Park


Dylan's Candy Bar....every candy under the sun

Tub o' gumballs


Two pros playing the piano at FAO Schwartz (Sage I triesd to get a video but it didn't work!!)-- it costs $250,000

Holy wreath! (please note the token menorahs)

Serendipity for dinner with Kassie's homey, Karley....long wait but well worth it for the potato skins

Frozen hot chocolate...good but not sure what all the hype is about.



We walked from 8 AM until 5 PM.  Phew.  In 9 hours we hit up 15 spots:  school to drop the kiddos off, Trader Joes for groceries (they deliver!), Union Square Farmer's Market, Highline Park, Chelsea Market, Jacques Torres for hot cocoa, Murray's for a WW Everything bagel with a schmear,  Grey's Papaya for a delicious dog, Levain for gigantic cookies, the temple, Central Park, back to school to pick up kiddos, Dylan's Candy Bar, FAO Schwartz and then finally the Plaza Hotel (swanky!). My feet were sore but Miss Elyse provided me with a lovely foot rub and Kass insisted I take a nap before we headed out to eat tonight (I didn't protest one bit).  Good times and I can't remember the last time I've been so pooped.  Tomorrow is Ellis Island and the Met....and plenty more eatin' I hope.

No comments: