Sunday, December 4, 2011

Sunday in NY was a nice quiet day.  It felt funny taking a cab to church but it was that or the bus.  Boys took the bus and the girls the cab.  The cab drivers are nutso...weaving in and out of traffic, almost grazing pedestrians and other cabs.  One cabbie had a book and would pick it up each time we stopped.

Kassie has a wonderful ward...so friendly.  I think every person I met commented on how much Evan and Miss Have look alike.  I spent most of the three hours in the Mother's lounge trying to cheer Haven up.  I got to talk to lots of Kassie's friends about natural birth (one mom had just used Kass as a doula at her home birth).

We came home, rested then Kass and the babes and I went for a walk to whet our appetites for dinner.  We saw beautiful churches and Rockefeller Center.

I love spending time with Kass and chatting and just beign around her.  Her kids are so funny...Elyse has a dramtic flair that cracks me up, Levi is darling and so is Evan.  

Can't wait for more sights and eating tomorrow.  It's great having a NYC pro to show me all the best places to see and eat.

Off to church


Inside St. Patrick's Cathedral


Atlas at Rockefeller Center


The crowds at Rockefeller Center


The giant tree at Rockefeller Center


Inside Saks (Schmancy!)

Inisde St. Bart's





3 comments:

Sabrina O'Malley said...

What a great trip for you. Thanks for sharing so many fun pictures. NY is on our list of places to see...someday :)

PS You should tell Cindy about the horse movie you recommended, I bet she would LOVE it.

Nick and Ashleigh said...

I've always wondered what you do with babies in New York. Do you put a car seat in the cab?? Looks like you're having so much fun!

Amy said...

Tooooo much fuuuuunnnn! So glad you got to have a get away with your sis!