Saturday, May 10, 2008

Bikini Wax


Summer is coming and with it comes two words that strike fear into the heart of every woman...swim suit. Swim suits mean showing off cottage cheese and stretch marks and, of course, the dreaded bikini area.

In search of a better way I got brave and went to Dona the lovely Afghani lady who threads my eyebrows (the ancient art of hair removal using sewing thread...love it!). She waxed little tiny areas at a time and it was amazingly painless. And the result? I feel fabulous and ready for a swim suit. Weeeeeeell...almost.

6 comments:

Ashley said...

So I won't ask if you got the full Brazilian. :-) But regardless...here's my very important piece of advice...exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate. I'm sure you will enjoy a fun and smooth California summer in your cute new swimming suit.

Unknown said...

Well, if you ended up buying that swimsuit below you should have NO problem covering that bikini line. Of course, you'll look like a dolphin trainer at Sea World, but a super cute one, at that! LOL! :)

Erin R. said...

You are brave. I don't know if I could ever bring myself to do that!

mikelle said...

I would love to try threading my eybrows, sounds great. Does it cost a lot?

mikelle said...

sorry... eyebrows

Alicia said...

It's $15 plus a tip. So worth it b/c I don't have to pluck my eyebrows or shape them anymore (I stunk at that). I just go every 3-4 weeks and I'm set.