Saturday, May 17, 2008

The Treasure of Mission Viejo

Another Saturday without Shane (sigh). We always miss him...something about knowing he should be home and he's not.

Sage and I spent the morning at our new favorite spot...the Mission Viejo Library. This place puts the AV branch to shame. Great selection of children's books, hundreds of DVD's/documentaries (my fave!), fabulous used bookstore (I'm a used book junkie) AND a playroom! A fabulous room full of toys, legos, books, puzzles and an occulus right above us (see below). We stayed cool and passed the hours till Shane came home.

P.S. Every Tuesday from 10:30-11 AM there is a storytime and craft for kids 3+.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I sooo love the library! Not many people know that I used to be a elementary librarian ;) Anyway, I would always take Brighton there as a little baby in his carseat...but those days are OVER. He is LOUD and ACTIVE - not a good combination for the library. Plus, I have yet to get over the germ factor - just because he still puts his hands in his mouth! Ugh. When does that stop?!?!

Alicia said...

Collette, you were a librarian?? How fun! So you know all the good kids book huh? What are your faves for Sage's age?

SeeCampbell said...

Okay, so I always thought there was a library there, but it doesn't appear on the Orange County library circuit. . .is it independent?