Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Finger Detox


It's really quite charming the way Sage sucks her fingers...the middle and ring finger of her right hand. She first began when we sleep trained her at 3 months. But all good things must come to an end.

With her baby braces looming in the near future we knew it was time. We've been talking it over with her for weeks. Last night we put socks on her hands and taped them at the wrists so they would stay on all night. She cried and cried; Shane and I took turns sleeping with her last night and she made through the night without her fingers.

Last Family Night we sat down and talked about rewards for after the finger detox is over. Here are Sage's picks:

A jack-in-the-box, ice cream, a ride on the train (the real train) to Zoomars (petting zoo) and a ride on a pony

3 comments:

Emily Judd said...

poor little Sage! Although I must say she definitely made some good choices!! I'd definitely give up my fingers for those!

Christie said...

I am so sorry, Sage, that I am totally laughing picturing your mommy taping socks to your hands! Keep it up, those baby braces do not look fun!

And pick Zoomars, so we can tag along!

Sarah H said...

Awww, poor Sage! I hope the detox goes well!